Graduate Program in Management Practice
For highly motivated graduate students across the UC Santa Barbara campus seeking a structured and diploma-enhancing business education, the Technology Management Program offers a UC-wide recognized graduate certificate. The Graduate Program in Management Practice (GPMP) is open to UC Santa Barbara master's degree students and Ph.D. candidates from any major. This program provides a path for innovative and dedicated students to gain in-depth understanding of cutting-edge entrepreneurial and business practices in global-technology based companies.
Students are expected to complete 18 units in GPMP. The progression of classes emphasizes first the business FOUNDATION needed in a business/entrepreneurial environment. Second, a student selects one of two emphases, entrepreneurial or corporate, focusing on the CONTEXT of her or his career expectations beyond college. Finally, the GPMP certificate requires a meaningful experience putting these ideas into PRACTICE, where students choose one of the following: an Internship or participation in the New Venture Competition.
Congratulations to the 2020 Recipients of the Graduate Program in Management Practice Certificate!
Certificates will be mailed out by UCSB Extension approximately 4-6 weeks after the end of the quarter, once grades have been submitted and all requirements have been confirmed. If you are not sure what address you have on file with UCSB Extension, please log in to the Extension student portal or create a help ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the certificate requirements, please contact Technology Management Certificate Advising at email@example.com.
- TMP 240 Business Strategy & Leadership (4 units)
- TMP 241 Managing Innovation (4 units)
- TMP 244 Entrepreneurial Marketing (3 units)
- TMP 246 New Venture Finance (3 units)
- TMP 242 Entrepreneurship (4 units) OR TMP 255 New Product Development (4 units)
How to Apply for GPMP
- Download and submit the GPMP enrollment form to TMP office, Phelps 2219.
- Complete the Graduate Student Petition form - "Add" Graduate Program in Management Practice
- Obtain signatures from your department's graduate advisor (not your personal advisor) or chair and also from the GPMP Director at the TMP Office, Phelps 2219.
- Take the completed petition form and pay filing fee receipt to the Graduate Division office and keep a copy for your records.
- There is no additional cost to graduate students to obtain the GPMP UC-wide recognized graduate certificate.